To be a successful designer, you must know the tasks which are generally done by a fashion designer. Let’s have a look at some important tasks that
To be a successful designer, you must know the tasks which are generally done by a fashion designer.
Let’s have a look at some important tasks that are done by a fashion designer. And, those include,
- Finding the latest trends of fashion:
- This is the important part where you must understand what people are looking for. Because you’re ultimate customer needs to find your product fulfilling their satisfaction, and for these, you must understand the present trend of fashion.
- Researching consumer behaviour:
- behaviour can greatly affect your path of being successful. So, need to understand in advance the consumer behaviour and prepare yourself accordingly.
- Planning, designing and sketching:
- This is the most important part. The consumer will either accept you or reject you based on your design. So, always try to give your best. For this first planning is needed and then comes designing and then according to the design, sketching is needed to be done.
- Maybe this job is done by other labour, but as a designer, you need to learn and are able to do everything. Because, how the design will look, that thing depends on how tailoring will be done.
- Today’s designers are the sellers themselves. So, as a designer, you will also need to know how to merchandise your product.
Now, to complete these tasks, you have to undergo a process which is Diploma and Under Graduate degree on fashion designing.
These two types of certificate courses are of many variants, which include-
Bachelor of Fashion Design
Bachelor of Fashion Technology
Bachelor of Design (B.Des) -Fashion Design
Bachelor of Design (B.Des) – Textile Design
Bachelor of Design (B.Des)-Leather Design
Bachelor of Design (B.Des)- Knitwear Design
Bachelor of Design (B.Des) – Accessory Design
Bachelor of Design (B.Des) – Fashion Technology
Bachelor Degree in Retail and Fashion Products
Diploma in Fashion Technology
Diploma in Fashion Design
Diploma in Apparel Design
Diploma in Jewellery Design
Diploma in Fashion Photography
Diploma in Leather Design
Diploma in Textile Design
Diploma in Visual Merchandising
Diploma in Retail Merchandising
Not only these, but for better opportunity you can pursue post graduate courses also, for which you can either study in India. Also, you will have the opportunity to study abroad.
Now, you need to keep certain things in mind that completing a course is not just enough to prove yourself in this field. You also need certain things like,
- High skills and creativity are required
- Eyes should be open all the time to observe new things, new designs and also to observe new trend.
- Industry should be chosen wisely.